Terms and Conditions
1. Hafton Castle can be reserved for exclusive self-catering on a weekly basis.
Bookings usually run from Saturday to Saturday unless a special arrangement is made with the owners. Arrival is after 4pm on the day of arrival and the departure from the castle on the last day of the booking is 10 am.
2. The receipt of a non refundable deposit in the amount of 20% of the total hire charge of the Castle is deemed to be a firm booking. The full balance of the remainder of the charges i.e. castle hire, a £500 Good Housekeeping Deposit, and any further charges such as the £500 charge for the heating and use of the indoor swimming pool, will be due six weeks prior to the beginning of the holiday. If payment for the balance of the charges is not received by that time the Castle will be re-let.
3. If a hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. When we receive written confirmation of a cancellation we will endeavour to re-let the castle.
4. The hirer is responsible for the good condition of Hafton Castle and all its contents during their stay and must ensure that the Castle is left in a clean and tidy condition. A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £500 is held and will be returned after departure less the cost of making good any damage or loss to the property or the cost of any excessive cleaning found necessary on departure. Charges for damage exceeding the £500 will be the responsibility of the hirer, ie the person who made the booking. It is a condition of the hire of the Castle that the Castle and its contents are left clean and tidy.
5. Hafton Castle can accommodate 42 persons in 19 rooms. If the number of persons exceeds 42 the booking can be cancelled by the owners.
6. The owners of Hafton Castle reserve the right to refuse to hand over the property to any person or persons who in their opinion are not suitable to take charge. If this should happen the hire charge will be refunded in full and the liability of the owners shall cease.
7. If the owners of Hafton Castle are prevented by circumstances beyond their
control such as fire damage, drought or interruption of utility supplies from putting the Castle at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges will be refunded in full and the hirer will have no further claim against the owners of the castle.
8. The contract effected between the hirer and the owners of Hafton Castle is in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
9. An alteration to the dates of a booking will incur a charge of £25
10. This contract is governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties to this agreement agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland.